A leading provider of software and services solutions for cities and public safety agencies, Council Associate Partner SunGard Public Sector announced it will expand its local government offerings to include Socrata's open data and financial transparency apps.
Socrata is a Seattle-based cloud software company focused on ”democratizing" access to public sector data.
"Socrata can help us bring the full power of open data and transparency to our clients," says Mike Borman, CEO of SunGard Public Sector. "We'll be able to pair our best-of-breed product suites with a cloud-based SaaS solution set, one that will help our customers to unlock the value in their data, improve performance, and increase citizen impact."
The SunGard Public Sector / Socrata Open Data solution can help local governments and public safety agencies:
- Empower government employees, so they can easily publish data and create powerful information resources for either citizens or internal decision-makers
- Enable citizens and employees to review, compare, visualize and share their discoveries in real time
- Allow easy, reliable integration between SunGard Public Sector software and Socrata technology
- Encourage interaction with the intuitive Socrata experience, which helps ensure that anyone can easily discover, explore, visualize and share data
- Expose a wide variety of data through visualizations, including bar, pie and line charts, as well as maps for geocoded data.
"We are excited about the potential impact of this agreement," says Kevin Lafeber, VP of Sales and Marketing for SunGard Public Sector. "Socrata and SunGard share a passion for helping agencies at all levels of government create a culture of transparency so they can utilize existing data to communicate and engage with citizens. Our customers have been asking for Socrata by name; their cutting-edge open data technology will turbo-charge our efforts in this area from Day One."
More on SunGard Public Sector…
Small city PD goes high-tech
Case study: Doing more with less; city saves money with NaviLine
Video: Investing in product knowledge -- the city of Ft Pierce, Florida