As 2015 draws to a close, we look back at some of our stories that were most popular with readers this year. Check them out for inspiration and guidance as you make your 2016 plans.
1. Why some utilities are giving away free electricity. (Could it work for your city?)
2. GrowSmarter aims to accelerate growth of smart cities in Europe
3. How investing in Big Data can transform city services
4. LED streetlights for $1? More cities find the switch quickly pays for itself
5. Road congestion: Can your city really afford to do nothing?
6. New York City loses pay phones (but gains so much more)
7. Juniper ranks Barcelona the world's smartest city (find out why)
8. 3 new city rankings: See who's leading in sustainability, growth and transportation
9. 8 Spanish cities cut energy consumption by 64% with smart street lighting
10. Who says government can't have bright ideas? 10 cities that did
And to get started, don’t forget to download your copy of the recently updated Smart Cities Readiness Guide. It’s packed full of best practices, case studies and strategies for selecting and implementing projects and measuring progress.