Welcome to the Smart Cities Council, an organization dedicated to making cities more livable, workable, and sustainable. Through the generous support of the Edison Electric Institute, North American electric companies may join the Council as North American Utility Partners, entitling them to a range of benefits as described below. To gain access:
- Click this link to register with our web site (60-second, one-time registration) or login if you are already registered.
- Then return to this page and click here to register your electric company.
- Upon completing your company registration, you will receive an email giving you and your colleagues access to membership benefits.
Benefits of Council membership. Normally $5,000 per year, membership as a Smart Cities Council Utility Partner entitles your electric company to:
- One free pass to Smart Cities Week Washington DC, October 3-5 2017
- One free pass to Smart Cities Week Silicon Valley, May 8-10 2018
- Free participation in the Utilities Advancing Cities initiative, a knowledge exchange and meeting ground for cities, electric companies, academia and research.
- Free attendance (space available) at any 2018 Readiness Workshops in your service territory, wherein the Council travels to cities to help them build a Readiness Roadmap and action plan.
- The opportunity to help cities in your service territory win a Readiness Challenge Grant, entitling them to a free Readiness Workshop plus in-kind products, services and assistance from the Council’s member companies.
- The right to share up to three case studies, examples, or guest editorials to the 100,000+ readers of the Council’s newsletter and the many visitors to its web site.
- Your membership is valid from the date of registration until December 31, 2018.
Membership is available to any electric company headquartered in the United States, Canada or Mexico that is a member in good standing of the Edison Electric Institute.
Click now to register with our web site and begin receiving benefits.