The following Smart Cities Council Partners are providing generous sponsorship for the 2018 Readiness Challenge program. Each of the winning cities will receive the following benefits:
- Qualcomm will donate an Inspired by Qualcomm® Thinkabit Lab™ -- career materials, circuit boards and teaching resources to host a hands-on STEM lab. SYNEXXUS will supply control nodes, management software and support for a pilot network of up to 48 smart street lights.
- IES will create a Community Information Mode (CIM) – a data rich, 3D geospatial database to store, represent, and manage virtual 3D city models.
- IBI Group will work with the Smart Cities Council to produce a Readiness Roadmap™ using the insights generated during the Readiness Workshop.
- Edison Electric Institute (EEI) will support the efforts of electric companies to collaborate with cities on successful applications and follow on activities.
- Battelle will provide management and technical advisory services to selected cities as they develop strategy, technology and planning roadmaps.
- Itron and Sensus will sponsor the overall program and contribute their expertise in workshops and mentoring sessions throughout the year.